- Upload Info
- Upload image
- Upload video
uploaded by: Zlaty
Description: The BELFRY (Belfort)
In the center of town, today the belfry is the only remaining part of the Cloth Hall. The belfry was builded on the main square of the city around 1307. In the past, the belfry had a basic function to notify residents of the city in case of fire, natural disasters and emergencies. The top is seen the statue of the god of commerce Mercury, which has been installed in the 18th century.
From 1999, the BELFRY is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
On the right of the picture is seen a part of the medieval building of the City Hall.
photo - personal archive