- Upload Info
- Upload image
- Upload video
uploaded by: Daneliya
Description: Musée d'histoire des sciences (MHS) - Genève, Suisse
wood, brass, ivory, Adams, London, around 1775
Invented around 1700 by George Graham, this type of Planetary is perfected ten years later by John Rowley, Londoner famous master of mechanic, who gave his name to the instrument.
The Planetary here presented have an inscription in Latin stating that the instrument was offered in 1775 of the Bibliotheque of Geneva by Sir Richard Neville, English nobleman and son of the first trustee, Francois Calandrini.
photo - personal archive
Source of information: MHS